- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- When you visit the Website, you may be asked to provide information about yourself including your name and contact details (such email address).
- We may also collect information about your usage of the Website and information about you from your voting submission and/or any e-mails or letters you send to us.
- We may collect technical information from your mobile device or your use of the Website through a mobile device, for example, location data and certain characteristics of, and performance data about, your device, carrier/operating system including device and connection type, IP address, mobile payment methods, interaction with other retail technology such as use of NFC Tags, QR Codes or use of mobile vouchers. Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the Website through your mobile device(s) through your mobile’s browser or otherwise.
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Your information will enable us to log your voting preferences for the British Takeaway Awards. It will also enable us to contact you where necessary.
- We may use your information to contact you for your views on the Website and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Website.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way or change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know by using the contact details set out in paragraph 9 below and/or amending your profile accordingly.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- The information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored on our servers which may be in or outside the European Economic Area (mainly, and may be accessed by or given to our staff working outside the United Kingdom and third parties including companies within the Just Eat group of companies (which means our subsidiaries and affiliates, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes notified to you from time to time in this policy. Just Eat’s website servers are mainly located in Ireland and the United Kingdom, however our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate in a number of countries, including Australia, Brazil, Bulgaria Canada, Colombia, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Mauritius, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, the Philippines, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine and United Kingdom. Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is treated in accordance with this policy.Some of the safeguards we rely on include, where appropriate, using the European Commission’s approved standard contractual clauses. Please contact us for further information using the details set out below.
- Your information may be disclosed to third parties (as indicated above).
- If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
- We may use the information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation; or in order to enforce the Website Terms and any other agreement; or to protect our rights or the rights of other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
- LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information as described above will depend on the specific context in which we collect it.
- However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where (i) we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. In some cases, we may have another legal basis such as a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or to disclose it.
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (and we’ll also explain the possible consequences of you not providing it).
- Our legitimate interests include direct marketing, anti-fraud, security measures, ensuring the integrity of our Website and our operations, operating the British Takeaway Awards.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- DATA RETENTION
Just Eat will retain your personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, while you hold an account with us or to enable us to meet our legal, tax or accounting obligations).
If you object to us processing certain categories of your personal information (including in relation to receiving marketing communications from us), we will retain a record of your objection to the processing of your information so that we can continue to respect your wishes.
We will destroy or permanently anonymise your personal information at the point that we no longer need to process it for our ongoing legitimate business needs or for any legal reason. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store it and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
- Just Eat respects your privacy and data protection rights. Below is a summary of your rights in respect of your personal information which Just Eat handles:
- You have the right to access and receive a copy of your information, and to request deletion of it.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to correct or restrict processing of your personal information or request that it be ported to a third party.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications,
- If we collect and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You can exercise the right to opt-out of email marketing by using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive. If you want to exercise any other right, you can do so by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about our collection and use of your personal information.
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By writing to us at: Just Eat.co.uk Limited – Privacy team Fleet Place House, 2 Fleet Place London EC4M 7RF